Apr 17, 2018 - BIDDING ENDS 5:30 PM! Eastern
Ed W. & Linda K. Runden
1150 Smith Hill Road SE
Corydon, IN 47112
Online Only Auction
Includes one of the finest log homes in the Region! A once in a lifetime offering of an 1820's era 3-story log home with 4000+SF, 4BR/3.5BA, guest house, 3-car garage, all sitting on a private secluded 20+ acre wooded tract! This is a must see home!
Inspection #1: Tues April 3 4-5:30 PM
Inspection #2: Mon April 16 5-6 PM
Share this Auction
Beckort Auctions, LLC
115 E. Chestnut St.
Corydon, IN 47112
Apr 17, 2018 6:00 PM
CORYDON REAL ESTATE AUCTION
ONE OF FINEST LOG HOMES IN REGION
20 ACRES – WOODED – PRIVATE SETTING
4000 SF - 4 BEDROOM - 3.5 BATH
HAND-HEWN LOGS FROM 1820
ONLINE ONLY-BIDDING ENDS APR 17
ADDRESS: 1150 Smith Hill Rd SE, Corydon, IN 47112
Located just 3 miles from Downtown Corydon or 25 miles from Downtown Louisville!
CLICK ON “VIEW DOCUMENTS” ABOVE FOR AERIALS, ASSESSMENT/TAX INFO, ETC.
GENERAL INFO: A once-in-a-lifetime offering of one of the finest and largest historic hand-hewn log homes in Southern Indiana. A lifetime of hard work and dedication has gone into the reconstruction of this incredible home and park-like setting by the Runden Family. It’s conveniently located just three miles from the newly revitalized Historic Downtown Corydon and 25 miles from Downtown Louisville. This property offers seclusion and privacy with all the modern amenities. This estate has not been offered for sale since its purchase nearly 50 years ago. It’s ready for immediate possession!
OWNER’S COMMENTS: Intrigued by the idea of a day of meetings and deadlines and driving a bit less than a mile down a dead end country road – The trip takes you to a long winding driveway ending at your home, an 1820 log home. You park the car in a 3.5 car garage made of old gray barn wood.
Your house began as a deconstructed pile of logs combined with a clinical social worker and teacher with more ideas and energy than money. Every floorboard, every log, every door frame was rebuilt on a basement foundation of 12” concrete with plenty of rebar. Five bedrooms, 3.5 baths, a basement computer room gives you plenty of space.
There are nice touches: a glass shower wall, a very large kitchen with Daycor gas stove and an early 20th century light fixture over the kitchen table. Someone with a poetic side might take off the hand hewn cuts of broad axes and adz on the logs, or the chestnut logs (the chestnut blight on the early years of the last century left only chestnut sprigs and no logs or they might speak of a doe and or fawns strolling across the back yard on a bright but misty September morning.
Your home is about in the center of twenty wooded acres, including 5,500 + trees planted by the teacher and social worker) and five minutes from downtown historic Corydon, the first capital of the state. Corydon is a classic 19th century American small town now undergoing a Renaissance and also thirty-two minutes from downtown Louisville.
In addition to the main house you have a 34 x 36 guest house built of local yellow poplar cut at a Crawford County sawmill a few yards down a sidewalk. The boards have now weathered down to a silvery gray. It is heated by electric heat lines in the floor. It has a small kitchen and full bathroom. “Honey I think we may have a solution for your mother.”
So now let’s leave the poetry and look at some photos and facts.
LOG HISTORY: All logs used in the 1982 reconstruction of this home were originally from the Eisert homestead in Lanesville IN and the Edmund Green farm in Lanesville. See featured photo section for an original photo of home. There is a pictorial history of the construction on this home in 1982-1984 available upon request. All Yellow Poplar and White Oak flooring throughout home is repurposed and vintage.
INTERIOR HOME FEATURES: An immaculate three story log home that was built/reconstructed in Spring of 1982. First floor layout (1320 +/- SF): large living room with White Oak floor, dining room with Yellow Poplar floor, large kitchen (eating area, island, stainless appliances, including a Dacor commercial grade range), vintage light fixtures, & half bath. Second floor layout (912 +/- SF): large master bedroom with closets/hardwood floors, bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, office, & full bath. Third floor layout (519 +/- SF): bedrooms #3 & #4 both with hardwood floors, & full bath. Vintage Yellow Poplar flooring & exposed hand hewn beam construction throughout home.
BASEMENT INFO: 1320 +/- SF walk-out basement with full bath. The finished area (896 +/- SF) is used as general living area, computer room, & laundry room. The unfinished area (324 +/- SF) is utilized as a mechanical area and wood-working shop.
EXTERIOR HOME FEATURES: concrete sidewalks, large rear covered deck, outdoor hot tub with deck, mature shade, & professional landscaping.
GUEST HOUSE INFO: Built in 2006, this structure lends itself to a variety of uses such as executive office, art studio, apartment, library, etc! Exterior construction is of board & batten Yellow Poplar siding design with a raised seam metal roof. Features include: 888 +/- SF, full bath, kitchenette, heating/cooling, large brick fireplace in the "Marching Soliders & Bull-Nose" styles, exposed interior beam construction, large deck, & lots of natural light.
HOUSE MECHANICALS: LP forced air furnace, air conditioning, LP gas water heater
MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE & RECORDS: Since January 2014 the Rundens have had a monthly maintenance inspection of entire property performed by Jim Lawton. All maintenance was performed in accordance to these reports. All reports and receipts are available upon request. Recently replaced windows throughout. Termite inspection performed yearly & radon mitigation system has been recently installed.
GARAGE INFO: Three and a half car detached building with board & batten wood exterior with metal roof. Includes three overhead doors, 800 +/- SF, & exposed aggregate sidewalks to home.
LAND INFO: Includes 20 +/- acres with 650’ +/- frontage on Smith Hill Road. Site is mainly wooded with a wide variety of trees planted by the Runden Family over the past 40 years in accordance to a USDA conservation plan. Soil maps indicate mainly Baxter type soils (BlC3, BmC3, BmD3).
WOODLAND INFO: Since the early 1980’s the Runden Family has set 5500+ trees of 44 different species on this property as in accordance to the USDA conservation plan. For details of the tree species, click on the “view documents” section.
ROAD FRONTAGE/POTENTIAL DIVISIONS: The property lies on the east side of Smith Hill Road and includes 650’ +/- of road frontage. Property is eligible for multiple splits.
GAS/OIL/MINERAL RIGHTS: Includes sellers’ interest in gas/oil/mineral rights., but gas rights are currently leased to Breitburn Operating.
WILDLIFE/PET INFO: This property is well suited for wildlife enthusiasts, daily viewing of turkey, squirrel, rabbit, and whitetail deer! Ideal for bird watchers (Indigo Buntings, Yellow Finches, Purple Finches, etc). Overall property is mainly surrounded by wooded properties. Invisible pet fence system installed.
POSSESSION/CLOSING INFO: Possession at closing on all real estate.
UTILITY PROVIDERS: Electric-Harrison REMC; Water-South Harrison Water Co; LP Gas-Shelby County Co-op; Septic Systems-home & guest house have individual systems
INSPECTION: #1-Tues April 3 4-5:30 PM & #2-Mon April 16 5-6 PM
PERSONAL PROPERTY AUCTION: See additional listing for contents of home, auction ends on April 17 at 7 PM.
LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 004-01868-00 PT NW QR NE QR 8-4-4 3.0 AC; PT NW QR NE QR 8-4-4 17.0 AC
TAXES: $1,042.60/per installment (based on current owner exemptions)
PARCEL ID: 31-14-08-200-003.000-007 & 31-14-08-200-004.000-007
REFERENCE POINTS: 3 miles from Downtown Corydon; 5 miles from I-64 Corydon Exit #105; 10 miles from I-64 Lanesville Exit #113; 25 miles west of Louisville; 34 miles west of Louisville International Airport
DIRECTIONS: From downtown Corydon, east on Hwy 62 1.5 miles, right (south) on Corydon New Middletown Rd 0.4 miles, right on Country Club Rd 200’, then immediate left on Smith Hill Road one mile to site.
OWNER: Edward W. & Linda K. Runden
Terms and Conditions of Online Only Reserve Real Estate Auction
1. Conditions of Sale: This online only auction is selling subject to owner’s confirmation and is not contingent on or subject to financing, appraisal, survey, or inspections of any kind, as agreed to by bidders at registration prior to bidding and specified in the attached Agreement to Purchase Real Estate. Seller and Buyer(s) shall pay their share of the costs of closing. Buyer acknowledges they are buying property “as-is”, “where-is”, without inspections or contingencies. Buyer(s) will rely on his/her own judgment and inspection. By signing an offer, Buyer(s) will be waiving the 10-day lead based paint test.
2. Closing: A Buyer’s Premium of 10% is added to the high bid. Please take this into consideration when bidding. At the close of the auction, the successful Bidder will be emailed an Agreement to Purchase Contract to be executed and returned to Beckort Auctions, LLC within twenty-four (24) hours of the completion of the auction along with 10% deposit of the total contract price. The down payment may be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check, personal check, or corporate check. The entirety of the remaining balance is due at closing on or before Thirty (30) days from Auction Day. Purchaser will be responsible for all wire transfers. Per the Contract, time is of the essence; you should proceed to closing within Thirty (30) days. Possession shall be given to the successful Buyer(s) at closing, seller will provide deed preparation.
3. Liquidated Damages: Successful Bidders not executing and returning their Contract with Earnest Money deposit within Forty Eight (48) hours of the conclusion of the auction will be considered in default. If your closing is delayed for any reason, by you, as purchaser, or other parties working on your behalf, including any lender you involve, you may be declared in breach of this contract, forfeit all deposits made and could additionally be liable for any and all costs incurred by Seller and Beckort Auctions, LLC incurred in a subsequent resale of the property. If such action occurs, Beckort Auctions LLC hereby has the right to disperse the deposit as stated in the listing agreement and the buyer has no claims to such money or property being sold. Liquidated damages are to cover cost of auction, cost incurred by seller, labor cost and additional cost of auction as not defined in this agreement. These liquidated damages do not restrict the seller from suing the buyer for performance damages and/or any additional damages the seller suffers by the default of the buyer.
4. Back-Up Bids: If you are not the successful bidder on the real estate and wish to make a back-up bid in case of default by the high bidder, please see Brian Beckort to receive a Back-Up Bidder Form.
5. Other Conditions: There are no contingencies to this sale (i.e., financing, appraisal, repairs, or inspections). Therefore, you should be pre-qualified by a lender prior to bidding if you require financing.
Beckort Auctions, LLC reserves the right to remove or cancel the bids and or bidding rights and privileges of any party at any time deemed not to be in the best interest of the seller. The identity of all bidders
will be verified, bidding rights are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, Beckort Auctions LLC will reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated.
All Beckort Auctions, LLC Online Only Real Estate Auctions are timed events that have an auto-extend feature. Any bid placed within 10 minutes of the auction ending will automatically extend the auction for 10 minutes from the time the bid is placed. Example: If an auction scheduled to end at 6:00 p.m. receives a bid at 5:59 p.m., the close time of the auction automatically extends to 6:10 p.m. The auto-extend feature remains active until no further bids are received within the 10 minute time frame.
6. Real Estate Brokerage Services Disclosure: Beckort Auctions LLC and their representatives are Exclusive Agents of the Seller(s). We do not represent the buyer(s) in any manner and we must be completely loyal and faithful to our client. Beckort Auctions LLC has an exclusive right to sell listing for this transaction. All negotiations must be conducted through Beckort Auctions LLC.
A two percent (2% variable) bid price commission, not to include any buyer’s premium if applicable, is available to properly registered Brokers/Agents. You must pre-register your Buyers with Beckort Auctions, LLC twenty-four (24) hours before the end of the auction by filling out and recording with Beckort Auctions a Broker Registration Form. Agents who fail to pre-register their Buyer will not be recognized as Buyer Agents and will not be entitled to a co-op commission. Broker/Agent cannot act as a Buyer and Broker/Agent on the same transaction. Please review the Broker Registration form for eligibility.
7. Beckort Auctions LLC Involvement in this Contract: The seller and buyer hereby agree that Beckort Auctions LLC is a part of this contract and shall receive compensation as stated in the agreement hereto or as stated in the listing agreement hereby made a part of.
8. Restrictions: Real Estate is sold subject to any and all existing matter of record, and all easements, building use or zoning laws and regulations. Taxes and assessments will be pro-rated to the closing date.
9. Additional Auction Information: All information published, announced or contained herein was derived from sources believed to be correct; however, it is not guaranteed by the seller or the auctioneers. Personal on-site inspection of all property is recommended. The failure of any bidder to inspect, or to be fully informed as to the condition of the property, will not constitute grounds for any claim or demand for adjustment or withdrawal of bid, offer or deposit money after its opening tender. This includes but is not limited to public information such as easements, restrictions, zoning, right-of-ways, or any other information that can be obtained as public record in the appropriate county court house concerning subject properties.
10. Technical Issues: In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, internet or any other online auction-related technologies, Beckort Auctions, LLC reserves the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding or close the bidding. Neither the company providing the software, nor Beckort Auctions, LLC, shall be held responsible for the failure of the software to function properly for any reason.
From downtown Corydon, east on Hwy 62 1.5 miles, right (south) on Corydon New Middletown Rd 0.4 miles, right on Country Club Rd 200’, then immediate left on Smith Hill Road one mile to site on left.